Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hospice Donations Update

Hi Everyone

Well, it's early Tuesday morning and we are 5 days away from the walk. I'm really excited!!! I'm proud to say right now, that we set a goal of $100...and we have EXCEEDED it by OVER $200!!! As of right now, we have raised collectively as a team $333!!! I owe a personal thank you to Cousin Jeff. We made $200 overnight because Jeff took the initiative to post our Hospice info on a forum that he belongs to. That generated a response by an individual who had recently lost his Mom and Hospice took over her case. When we started raising donations this year, I would have never thought that I would be sitting here 5 days before the walk saying to all of you, that we raised this much money. We are not done....the job doesn't end of raising money, until the moment the donations go in. So, I will give you another update Friday night, before I settle in for the evening, on how much we have raised.

I owe a personal thank you to the Lyons Family for ALL of their help this year. Seriously guys, you have been there for me...had my back on this....although none of you have been side by side with me, trying to raise these donations, you've been there on the Internet spreading the word. I cannot thank you enough. But I must tell you, the day that my Grandma told me that she has Alzheimer's, I told her how much we have raised. I heard the shock and excitement in her voice. That right there, was well worth all of it. So thank you from the bottom of my heart...I am indebted to all of you forever.

Sooooo 5 days left.....let's keep going!!!!! Let's see how much we can all turn in as Team Lyons....and know this...even if you are not walking with us, you're still part of the team. You are the one's doing the work behind the scenes...we are just the guys on the "front lines" doing the work...without you, we cannot do what we do. Do you think we can make $340??? How about $350???? Thank you to all of you...I will post another update Friday evening. A MILLION "thank yous" to you all....

Heather
For Team Lyons

No comments: