Monday, June 21, 2010

Book Trivia - Question 6

Today's question of the week.


Emma
Jane Austen



Quote from the book:

"Nonsense, errant nonsense,as ever was talked!" cried 1)_______. "Robert Martin's manners have sense, sincerity, and good-humour to recommend them; and his mind has more true gentility than 2)_____ could understand."


Questions:

1) Who is speaking this sentence?
2) Who is the speaker referring to?
3) On what subject is this talk about?


There will be more questions from Emma in following weeks, plus other classics. Please feel free to comment on any posting now and in the future. Have a wonderful week.


*This quote was copied exactly from the book of Emma that I am reading.






4 comments:

RJ Lyons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RJ Lyons said...

I will give everyone a hint to the answer.

I just re-watched Emma the BBC version from 2009, the answers are in part 2 of this version.

I hope that helps everyone.

Miss Mae said...

I can't recall who said that, but I'm going to guess Emma is saying that to Mr. Knightley. ?

RJ Lyons said...

Your very close. :-)